We Are Looking for a Senior Developer
Full time position in Oklahoma City
Brightbit is looking for an experienced developer to build well-crafted web applications and help make the web a better place to live. As a member of our development team, you’ll build responsive and elegant interfaces using Ruby on Rails and similar technologies, while possessing a deep understanding of our entire application stack. We’d love to have someone near our Oklahoma City headquarters, but will also allow working remotely for the right developer.
- Between 3 and 5 years web or mobile development experience (any language)
- Experience working in MVC frameworks and templating languages (such as Ruby on Rails). Don’t worry if you aren’t already skilled in Ruby, we’ll get you up-to-speed.
- Passion for learning new things and improving your skills
- Proficiency in Git and using Github for pull requests
- Experience testing your code (e.g. rspec, minitest, Jasmine, PHPUnit)
- Self managing skills and be ready to be the lead on a project if necessary
- You already live in the Oklahoma City area, can relocate, or make a few trips out per year
- Mobile development (web or native)
- Proficiency in using Heroku to host and scale web applications
- Experience freelancing and handling client communication
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Contributions to open source software
- Show us some projects and sites you have built on your own
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Package
- We’ll have a MacBook Pro ready for you (and other Apple equipment)
- 2 days in the office / 3 days telecommute per week (Full-time telecommute possible for the right person)
- We’ll pay for lunch on office days
- Flexible hours/schedule
- Relaxed and friendly office atmosphere
- 2 weeks paid time off
Send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org we’d love to work together!
If you’re an agency, don’t bother. Just the real thing please.